Volunteers play an essential role at Mandy’s Farm. From general maintenance to special events, there is always a need for a few extra hands. Getting involved through volunteer work is a great way to give to our organization, as volunteers are one of the most valuable resources we have.
There are always opportunities to volunteer at Mandy’s Farm, whether it be for one hour or ten, once a month or once a year. Serving over 200 individuals and their families each year, combined with being set across four locations (made up of more than seven acres of land), maintenance and daily operations depend on volunteer hours. Here are some of the volunteer opportunities that are almost always available:
- Agriculture spaces need watering, weeding, harvesting, seeding and planting;
- Stables need mucking, sweeping;
- Adaptive horsemanship instructors need side walkers to assist with riding lessons (no experience necessary);
- Properties need weeding, mowing, pruning, painting, and general cleaning;
- Programs need volunteers to lead learning activities (anything from painting to yoga to ceramics, woodworking to bird watching).
Individuals of all ages and abilities are welcome to volunteer; there are projects for people from all walks of life. For more information regarding volunteer opportunities, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.